Our veterinarians provide dental services for pets, including:
- routine cleaning and polishing (dental prophylaxis)
- digital dental x-rays
- surgical extractions to manage and treat severe oral disease conditions
A dental cleaning is a professional scaling and polishing of the patient’s teeth under general anesthesia. After thorough examination of teeth and gums by the veterinarian, we use an ultrasonic scaler to remove tartar from all the teeth. If any tooth is badly broken or diseased, it may be necessary to extract that tooth. After extractions, we then polish all the remaining teeth.
Daniel-Randall Veterinary Clinic is equipped with state-of-the-art oral surgical equipment and the latest technology to provide your pet with a safe dental procedure.
Pet Dental Care
Routine and preventive dental care is vital to your pet's long term health. Pets with poor oral hygiene can develop periodontal disease, which can often lead to heart, lung, and kidney disease.
Daniel-Randall Veterinary Clinic offers a full range of dental services for cats and dogs including dental examinations, dental extractions, and oral surgery as well as home care instructions for keeping your dog's or cat's teeth clean and healthy.
Routine Pet Dental Examinations
Our veterinarians perform basic oral exams on all our patients during their comprehensive physical exam. Puppies and kittens will be examined to detect any problems related to the deciduous (baby) teeth, missing or extra teeth, swellings, and oral development. Senior pets will be evaluated for developmental anomalies, the accumulation of plaque and tartar, periodontal disease, and oral tumors.
Good Oral Hygiene for Pets
Dental Care Tips for Dogs and Cats
- Schedule a dental oral exam for your dog or cat every year.
- Schedule regular dental cleanings as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Brush your pet's teeth daily, or give your pet a dental hygiene chew every other day.
- Serve dog or cat food and treats that control tarter and plaque and promote good dental health.